- English Composition
- Creative or Research Writing
- Mathematics or Algebra
- A Science Component
- Social or Behavioral Science
- An Elective from Arts or Humanities
- Speech and Communications
In addition to the basic education courses required for any Associates degree, the student working toward an online Associate Degree in Accounting will also have many accounting courses which may include;
- Finance and Accounting introduction courses
- Intermediate Accounting Courses are beyond the basics and allow the student to understand and begin to work with more advanced topics and concepts within the field of accounting.
- Managerial Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Accounting Major Electives depending upon the school these can vary but will generally fine tune a student's interest within the field of accounting
An online Accounting Associate Degree will prepare a student for a position as a management trainee, a payroll clerk, and a bookkeeper and that's just to name a few. Today's competitive job market gives the edge to the jobseeker with the degree. An online Associate Degree in Accounting can be a means to an end or a stepping stone depending upon the individual student's goals, but will improve a graduate’s overall job prospects and earning power.