Online Finance Degree Educational Options
- Online Certifications degree in Finance – are usually a less than one year course of study and often are credentials for specializations as in a Financial Analyst, Financial Advisor
- Online Associates degree in Finance – 2 year associate programs with emphasis on basic Finance procedures and software. This degree is usually good for the student anxious to begin working as soon as possible and continuing his education while earning an income.
- Online Bachelors degree in Finance – standard 4 year program with emphasis on advanced business, accounting and general finance procedures are offered as well as the general education requirements.
- Online Master’s Degree in Finance – 2 year post graduate course that requires an undergraduate degree and where areas of specialization are refined and advanced business and finance courses are offered.
- Online Doctorate Degree in Finance – 3 – 5 year post graduate course that requires an undergraduate degree and goes about preparing the student for research, professorial positions and further career advancement in the field.
- Online MBA in Finance
Career Considerations for the Finance Professional
The finance professional should not only have a strong background in business but a keen eye for detail and good interpersonal as well as business communication skills. Often the finance professional will be called upon to deal with clients or to write proposals and both will require excellent communication skills.
Finance Career Salary Information
A finance professional may be employed in a host of jobs and will probably select the ones that suit their personal interests however private industry often offers some of the more lucrative positions for the finance professional.
Finance degree holders can be employed in various sectors of the employment market, from governmental positions to private non-profit organizations to the private industry sector.
Some of the possible employment opportunities for a finance degree graduate could be;
- Financial analyst
- Real estate professional
- Personal Financial Advisors
The average salary for an insurance underwriter is around $52,000 per year
The average salary for a personal financial advisor is between $44,210 and $110,350 per year
The average loan officer earns around $54,880 per year.
Job Growth and Employment Outlook for the Finance Professional
Job growth for a loan officer is predicted to rise at an 11% rate over the next 7 years.
Job growth for the personal financial advisor is expected to be explosive at the rate of 37% over the next 7 years.
Job growth for the insurance underwriter is expected to be as fast as normal at the rate of 11% growth over the next 7 years.
The outlook for a finance degree holder is great overall and because finances remain no matter how hard economic times are, this is a stable profession.