Online International Business Degree Educational Options
- Online Certifications degree in International Business – is generally a course of study that lasts less than one year and will add credentials and credibility to a professional’s portfolio.
- Online Associates degree in International Business – 2 year associate programs and are usually associated with hospitality and travel industries.
- Online Bachelors degree in International Business – standard 4 year program with emphasis on advanced International Business procedures, international law, trade agreements as well as the standard accounting and finance courses.
- Online Master’s Degree in International Business – 2 year post graduate course where areas of specialization are refined and advanced International Business topics are broached.
- Online Doctorate Degree in International Business– 3 – 5 year post graduate course preparing the student for research, college level teaching positions and further advancement in the field.
- Online MBA in International Business
Career Considerations for the International Business Professional
Travel is often required of the international business professional. The successful professional will be quick thinking, able to adapt to changes in plans and accepting of other cultures. Global trade requires more skills in communication and cultural awareness than the regular business degree. A second language is often helpful and many international business professionals pick up even more languages. Often long or odd hours are required because the clients are often in another country and the business professional must make himself available during their business hours.
International Business Career Salary Information
The possible employment opportunities for an international business degree holder are pretty far and wide. They include potentially working for the federal government in the capacity of a trade advisor or import compliance specialist.
In the private sector a professional with an international business degree will mainly be involved in sales such as a sales manager.
Salaries vary widely between non-profit and federal and private industries.
- A Economist for the federal government on average makes around $50,000 a year.
- An import compliance specialist on average makes around $50,000
- A sales manager in international business in the private sector on average earns around $80,000 per year.
Job Growth and Opportunities for the International Business Professional
Job growth for the international business degree graduate is expected to be faster than normal. Globalization is just coming into full swing and as more and more companies get their feet wet and begin to expand to other countries the demand will grow even more.