Online Retail & Sales Degree Educational Options
- Online Bachelors degree in Retail & Sales is a 4 year program with emphasis on advanced either management, or a specialization such as fashion sales. A strong business background as well as communication courses are usually included in managerial retail & sales degree programs. Some online retail & sales degree programs will be in the business administration discipline while others might focus on marketing and sales. A student can usually pick the bachelor degree program that fits their career goals.
Career Considerations for Retail & Sales Degrees
One of the primary job requirements for a professional is Retail & Sales is the ability to communicate well. From the store clerk to the sales manager all will be interacting with customers on a regular basis and a people loving communicator will do well in this field.
Retail & Sales Career Salary Information
Entry level positions in retail and sales are generally that of a sales person. This position has no educational requirements but the opportunities for advancement are most often severely limited. The retail & sales professional who aspires to the more lucrative and challenging roles of supervisors, store managers or purchasing agents generally will seek a degree. Education in this career field makes a marked difference in earnings.
- A sales person in retail and sales was reported to earn around $20,150 per year including commissions and bonuses.
- A in store supervisor was reported to earn on average $34,470 per year.
- Purchasing managers were reported to earn around $81,570 per year on average.
Education and career focus appear to the main factors in these salary differences in retail & sales. The proper educational focus can turn a low paying job into a career that has great financial benefits as well as being personally rewarding.
Job Growth and Outlook for Retail & Sales Degrees
- The job growth for retail salespersons is expected to be around 12% through 2016. Skilled salespersons are in demand and that will continue to grow.
- The job growth outlook for the retail and sales management professional is expected to be around average at 7% through 2016.
- It is predicted that purchasing managers will see little or no job growth through 2016.