Online Degrees in Education
Online degrees in education present numerous choices for the student in terms of degrees earned and advancement in the field. Online degrees in education are available for the education professional already practicing and wishing to advance their career, the student just choosing a career in education. Included in this our certification programs although they are not full degrees are educational courses they usually lead to career advancement and are sometimes required by certain education professions.
Online Education Degree Courses
Education is a huge field with many choices as to the nature and the specialization. Here are just a few of the majors available for the person interested in online education degree.
- Online Adult education degree are available in Associates master's and doctorate levels and qualify the successful student to teach continuing education for adults, remedial education and even English as a second language. Salaries for this degree are reported on average to be around $43,000 per year.
- Online Assessment and evaluation degreeare available in Associates, bachelor, master, and doctorate degrees. The professional choosing the evaluation and assessment agree plan is qualified to both administered tests and to assess the effectiveness of educational practices. The average salary for a curriculum design is reported to be around $74,000 per year.
- Online Child care degree is available in certifications as well as Associates degree. This is generally a stepping stone to a bachelor degree or as a means meeting state certification requirements for day care or childcare providers. The average salary for a childcare provider was around $21,000 per year.
- Online child development degreeis available in certification programs, associate, master, bachelor, and doctorate programs. The certification programs are often a means for a childcare worker to prove competence and the other degrees lead to a profession as a early childhood teacher or program administrator. The average salary for a provider with a bachelor degree and childcare is reported to be around $40,000 per year.
- Online corporate training degreeis most often an advanced degree and available in either a masters or doctorate. Persons in these situations can either be trainers within corporations or program developers. The medium salary or corporate training developers is around $90,000 per year.
- Online Curriculum design degreeis an advanced career course for the educator who plans on developing programs within the educational system and this can be either private or public sector schools. The average salary for the curriculum designer is reported to be around $42,000 per year with a master degree.
- Online literacy and reading education degree is one of the foundations of learning and this degree is available in bachelor master and doctorate level degrees. The average salary for a literacy and reading degree professional holding a bachelor degree is around $41,000 per year.
- Online distance education degree is a new and very specialized topic because of the Internet and the general acceptance of distance learning the demand for the distance education degree professional has grown. The average salary of a distance education teacher is reported to be around $42,000 per year but of course varies with education and employment.
- Online early childhood education degrees are available in certification programs, Associates bachelor, master, and doctorate level degrees. These are educators and program administrators to concentrate on the critical early childhood up till eight years old education years. The average salary and early childhood education professional is reported to be around $47,600 per year
- Online education degree programs and education degree program is available in associate, bachelor, master and doctorate level programs. This will prepare the individual to deal with children in a day-to-day teaching setting, as well as with advanced degrees jobs such as program administration or education for young persons or for adults. The average salary for an education degree graduate was reported to be $47,600 per year.
- Online educational administration degree program is an advanced level set of courses available in a masters or doctorate program. This is for the educational professional looking to advance and move up to administration careers. The average salary for all levels of educational administration professionals was reported to be around $63,000 per year.
- Online educational technology degree is a relatively new program and available in bachelor, master, and doctorate degree programs. This will prepare the individual to deal with technology and a learning setting and will be used in special education, distance learning, and regular classroom settings. The average salary for the educational technology degree professional is reported to be around $58,070 per year.
- Online ESL education degree is also known as an English as a second language education degree is available and bachelor, master, and doctorate level degrees. This will prepare the individual to teach English as a second language or design courses for the English as a second language student. The average salary of all English as a second language at education degree professionals is $44,000 per year or more.
- Online higher education degreeis generally intended for administrators or directors of higher education institutions and is an advanced program degree available in master or doctorate level programs. The average individual who has graduated with an online higher education degree can expect to earn around $73,000 per year on average.
- Online K-12 education degree is available in certification programs, associate, bachelor, master, and doctorate degree programs. A degree in this field will prepare the individual to deal with school age children in either a day-to-day teaching setting or in an administrative capacity. The average salary of K-12 education degree professional who is teaching is around $42,000 per year.
- Online teacher a degree is available in either a certification program or an Associate degree program many states require the Associates degree in order to work in a public school setting as a teacher aide. The average salary of the teacher aide is around $16,430-$26,160 per year depending upon the employment setting and the region.
- Online teaching license degree is an online certification and is required by the states before a graduate from an education degree program can teach within a state. The average salary of the license teacher is reported to be around $42,000 per year.
- Online Physical and health education degrees are available in bachelor, master, and doctorate level degree programs. This will prepare this event to teach physical and health education within a public setting or with higher degrees to administrate or direct physical and health programs. The average salary for a person holding a physical and health education degree is reported to be around $42,000 a year with a bachelor degree.
Online Education Degree Careers and Salary Information
One of the most common careers that people think when they hear an education degree is data the teacher K-12. The growth opportunities for teachers within the next seven years will be good. The average teacher makes a salary of around $42,000 per year. Though many teachers begin and ended their careers classroom, some continue their education and go on to be education administration professionals. For the teacher who continues their career and earn a master or doctorate degree in education administrative positions are open such as school program directors, or even a school principal. The average school administrators such as a principal might expect to earn around $59,000 $87,000 per year.
Teaching children is not the only career path that an education degree provides as adults require continuing education, and education to broaden their horizons and remedial education as well.
The education employment field is expected to grow at the rate of about 12% over the next seven years to 2016. This is according to a 2006 report by the US Department of Labor. Along with this growth rate will be increased openings in the field of education due to retirement by current educators of the baby boom generation. It is projected that there will be about 415,000 new jobs created by 2016 in the education.