Online Degrees in Health Care
A degree in health care is required for many health care career positions and serves as an excellent credential, especially if an individual has little or no on-the-job experience. An online degree can provide the training and education needed to find various career opportunities in the health care industry.
- Online Health Care Certification is offered for several health care fields. Individuals should research the health care field that they anticipate entering in order to determine exactly which type of certification is required for employment or might be beneficial when applying to certain positions.
- Online Health Care Associate Degree provides students with the knowledge and basic training that they need to qualify for entry level jobs in the health care industry. An online Associate degree in health care is excellent for career opportunities in several nursing positions.
- Online Health Care Bachelor Degree is beneficial for advancement beyond entry level positions. Programs for online Bachelor degrees in health care provide training and education that can open other career opportunities. This degree is also a great credential that shows potential employers that you are committed to the job and education about advancements and procedures in the field.
- Online Health Care Masters Degree may enhance chances for advancement in the health care industry. An online Masters degree in health care may promote opportunities for administrative positions.
- Online Health Care Doctorate Degree may enhance chances for advancement in the health care industry. An online Doctorate degree in health care may promote opportunities for administrative positions.
Online Health Care Courses
Coursework in programs for online health care degrees may vary depending on the college and degree level. However, some common courses to expect may include information on medical billing and coding, medical office administration, patient interactions, medical terminology, health care legal issues, anatomy and physiology, patient care, clinical chemistry, and others.
Health Care Degree Careers and Salary Information
An online degree in health care enables people to enter a career in the health care industry such as nursing assistant, registered nurse, pediatrician, doctor, etc. depending on the degree specialization. The median entry level salary for people with a degree in health care is $30,000. However, this may range from $28,500 to $55,000 depending on the person’s employment setting, specialization, level of education, and on-the-job experience. Employment settings may include various health care facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, home health care services, government health agencies, and many others in the health care industry. The number of health care careers is projected to grow by 22% by 2016, which is faster than the average for all occupations. This projected growth in the health care industry is due to the increasing number of patients who require health services and therefore drive the demand for health care employees upward.